Of course I'm a dog lover! I'm also a Professional Dog Trainer, Puppy Trainer, Group Instructor, and People Trainer. Pet dog training is more so about training the humans in the family than it is about training the dogs. Although I do work with your dog, my primary job is to teach you how to communicate with and train him/her in order to ensure a happy life for all.
I volunteer with the Minpinerie Dog Rescue, an Ottawa-based non-profit specializing in the rescue and foster of Miniature Pinchers and other small breed dogs. If you're thinking of adding a dog to your family, consider adopting or fostering a rescue, they have so much to offer. Fostering with a local rescue group is a great way to help a dog in need and to find out if you are ready to adopt. It's truly a win-win. Much needed donations can also be made to the Minpinerie directly on their Website.
Education & Training
- Continued Education with the ©Association of Professional Dog Trainers (APDT) to remain current with information and techniques
- Seminars, webinars, interviews, and lectures by some of the best canine behaviour specialists and animal behaviourists including Cheryl Smith, Dr. Ian Dunbar, Dr. Patricia McConnell, and Pia Silvani
- Professional Canine Handler & Instructor Apprenticeship Program Graduate, ©Forever Friends Dog Training School, program by Cheryl Smith - internationally recognized Canine Behaviour Specialist
- Bachelor in Psychology from the University of Ottawa
- Association of Professional Dog Trainers (APDT) Professional Member
- Canadian Association of Professional Pet Dog Trainers (CAPPDT) Professional Member
- Responsible Dog Owners of Canada (RDOC) Member
- Pet First Aid Certification from St. John Ambulance